Dalton Charity and Trustees
test.xls The Trustees for the Dalton Charity that administers Dalton Hall are:
Mr W. Ashby (Chair), Mr D. Ormesher (Treasurer), Mr S. Findlay (Secretary), Mr P. Cook, Mrs S Brett and Mr J Wells
Dalton Charity History & Purpose
- Ellen Margaret Fitzgerald Dalton died in 1980 and in her will stipulated that some of her estate be used to set up a Trust for the benefit of the villagers of Upper and Lower Dean. She requested that the Parish Council would consider using her bequest WITHOUT legal obligation in the any way.
- The Deed of Trust for the Dalton Charity was signed on 14/02/1984, the playing field land purchased and Hall completed in 1989.
- On 13 December 1994 Dean & Shelton Social Association was set up to act as the day-to-day management committee for the hall. It was felt that after nearly five years since the halls opening, such a management structure change was needed to ensure its comtinued smooth operation.
- In 2010 Dalton Charity and the DSSA considered remerging in light of changing usage patterns, shrinking levels of village volunteers to help in the hall operation, and an imminent major hall renovation program. Both groups therefore decided to have joint meetings for a year before finalizing such a change.
- 2011 saw the kitchen redevelopment program start after hard work by DSSA and Parish Council representatives, who obtained a large grant from WREN. The Borough Council, Art at Dean, the Parish Council and the Dalton Charity also provided considerable financial support on this project.
- In 2012 the proposal to re-merge the Dalton & the DSSA was agreed by the Parish Council and it was agreed that the number of Trustees be increased from 5 to 7. The Charity Commission have now given their approval to these changes and the remerger effectively took place on the 31st of March 2012.
- This Process in no way changes the Dalton Charities position within the Dean Village community as it reverts to the original Dalton Charity Deed of Trust.
To contact the Dalton Charity write to:-
The Secretary of the Dalton Trustees c/o Dean Grange Farmhouse, High Street, Upper Dean PE28 0LT