What To Do If.....
What should you do if you witness somebody fly-tipping?
Report it. How can you report a case of fly-tipping?
You can either use the online form to report an incident of fly-tipping or call Bedford Borough Council on: 01234 718060.
All information given is strictly confidential.
You will be asked you for the following information:
- The date, time and place that you saw the fly-tip
- What has been fly-tipped and how much and what it looks like.
- Any vehicle details and description
- Description of the person/people involved
- Any photographic evidence taken
- Your contact details (in case our officers have trouble locating the fly-tip).
Never touch the waste - it may contain syringes, broken glass, asbestos, toxic chemicals or other hazardous substances.
Never disturb the site - there may be evidence that could help identify the fly-tippers and lead to their prosecution.
Never approach anyone you see fly-tipping - they could become violent.